Thai Yoga Massage
What is Thai Yoga massage ?
Thai Massage, or Nuad Boraen, or Traditional Thai Massage, or Thai Yoga Massage, is a unique and powerful healing art that has been an integral part of traditional Thai medicine for thousands of years. Thai Yoga Massage is a truly wonderful experience for both giver and receiver as energy blockages are released, boundaries dissolve and deep healing occurs in a space of presence and meditation.
In a unique way, Thai massage blends elements of acupressure, Yoga, reflexology, physiotherapy, meditation, energy healing, chiropractic and Ayurveda.
Traditional Thai Massage has its roots in the Indian systems of Yoga and Ayurveda. It is believed to have been developed by Jivaka Kumar Baccha, the legendary founder of Thai massage. He was a physician to the Sangha, the order of Buddhist monks and nuns, at the time of the Buddha. The Thai’s call him Doctor Zhivago and to this day honor him as “The Father of Medicine”.
Around 2000 years ago Thai Massage was brought from India to Thailand along with Buddhism. Since then it has been practiced, developed and handed down through the generations. It was never seen as just massage but as a spiritual practice, and until fairly recently mostly practiced in wats, the Thai Buddhist temples.
The benefits of Thai Yoga Massage are countless.
- By freeing the flow of vital energy in the body, Thai Massage can improve posture, breathing, flexibility, digestion and circulation.
- Muscles are stretched, inner organs toned and emotional and nervous tension is reduced. Often a deep sense of peace can be experienced during and after a treatment.
- It can also be of great therapeutic benefit for a range of specific problems and conditions, such as headaches, back pain, digestive disorders, shoulder and neck tension, joint pain, menstruation problems, insomnia and other stress related conditions.
- Improves neurological functioning and assists in relieving degenerative conditions associated with the aging process.
- Promotes inner peace and a quiet mind.
- Deep relaxation.
- The good thing about Thai yoga massage is that you do not need to remove any clothing, just wear comfortable clothing.
- Treatment is done on the floor, on a special mattress.
T: 0121 4567421 / 0121 456 7420 / 07725120717
Fiveways health centre Ladywood Middleway
Birmingham, B16 8HA